Monday, October 1, 2007

MY THIRD.......-BENGALURU!!!!!

After so long period, I now have another thot to be shared!!!first thing is to express my condolence for the demise of my friend Vidat(who as i specified before, made me to start blogging...). I pray to god for to restore the peace back in his family.
I was in bengaluru for a short stint and again will be back to chennai by November 1st....This time its something new experience that I got in life.
For the first time I stayed away from my house and have to go with the place which has a different environment...
I felt really bad when I have to go to my work place in Bommanhalli. A flyover was under construction and daily rains have made road very bad. The traffic was highly congested and I could observe people start complaining about bengaluru's environment.I have heard through my grand mother that bengaluru the garden city was once termed as 'Pensioner's Paradise' . A heaven for the old people, as we have the ideal climatic conditions to live in.So when I heard the remarks made by the people, I had a deep thought about the same. If we can think about the present condition of this Beautiful city, we can easily conclude the reason for its bad shape is no other than the PEOPLE themselves.
For an Instance, I could observe that the people who are staying in my Apartment have more than one car and they also own two wheelers. There are 114 flats with each family having atleast one car(leave the number of two wheelers) and likewise if there are 100 apartments in a particular region of bengaluru, we can imagine the rate of vehicles that float across. Its not a digestable fact but yet this is the truth!!!
bengaluru - the IT capital of india...I am so sure that no other city in India can match the IT opportunities with this City. But this has become the major cause for the breakdown of this city's yesteryear beautiful and peaceful environment.
The IT boom has brought in lot of changes to the society. One is the migration of people from all parts of india(even i am here for the past 3 months from chennai..). I can observe that this city has started to loose its own flavour and colour to the so called cosmopolitan culture!!
I am not against to the people who have happiness in enjoying themselves going to Malls, pubs and coffee shops..but when these started to overrule the lifestyle of the home place..?????The set dosas, maddur vadas are slowly replaced by the chat foods.....Its not like I dont like chat foods or I am against people who have it...but when a place starts to loose its traditional style its in some way a dark patch in its history....I feel in general people should start to live with the nature of the place. Rather than bringing in life styles of their own states, I feel when people come to bengaluru they should start to adapt to bengaluru so that they too learn a new life style which is considered to be one of south india's ancient treasure.....
I know that this cannot be followed or made into practice within a day or month..but still even if this is followed, we have two mutual gains...One is people from other states can get to know about bengaluru and the other thing is bengaluru ALWAYS REMAINS AS bengaluru!!

2 comments:

Arun Sundar said...

Ok. Why the hell did you stop blogging?

Aaradhana said...

A real nice thought of why and how to restore the culture of a place..

About Me

My photo
Chennai, TamilNadu, India
Upcoming krishna bakthan(devotee)